The first steps…
Before initiating care with our midwives, we require that pregnant folks(families welcome) attend a birth center orientation where all questions will be answered and potential clients can see if our birth center feels right to them, and get a sense for what we do.
To sign up for one of those orientation sessions, please fill out this survey.
What is included in your care at Pacifica?
We believe every person has a right to:
- Equitable, ethical, accessible quality health care that promotes healing and health
- Health care that respects human dignity, individuality and diversity among groups
- Complete and accurate information to make informed health care decisions
- Self-determination and active participation in health care decisions
- Involvement of your designated family members, to the extent desired, in all health care experiences
We believe the best model of health care for you and your family:
- Promotes a continuous and compassionate partnership
- Acknowledges a person’s life experiences and knowledge
- Includes individualized methods of care and healing guided by the best evidence available
- Involves therapeutic use of human presence and skillful communication
We honor the normalcy of your lifecycle events. We believe in:
- Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes
- Appropriate use of interventions and technology for current or potential health problems
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with other members of the health care team as needed to provide optimal health care
Midwifery care incorporates these qualities. Pregnancy health care needs are well-served through midwifery care. Finally, we value formal education, lifelong individual learning, and the development and application of research to guide ethical and competent midwifery practice. These beliefs and values provide the foundation for commitment to individual and collective leadership at the community, state, national and international level to improve the health of pregnant people and their families worldwide.
Adapted from ACNM